About the REPLACE Campaign
The REPLACE Campaign was initiated by International Child Campaign in response to calls for greater awareness on the issue of child welfare and in particular the harm done to children by orphanages.
International Child Campaign promotes human rights and in particular the rights, welfare and education of children throughout the world to help break the cycle of suffering, poverty, injustice and violent conflict.
We do this by:
- Advocating for the adoption of, and compliance with, international and regional codes of human rights, in particular the rights of children, by those in positions of duty.
- Monitoring and reporting on the developments and abuses of human rights, in particular the rights of children, whether those obligations arise under a country's domestic legislation or international standards.
- Facilitating debate and discussion among individuals, corporations and other organisations to promote active support for human rights, in particular the rights of children.
- Acquiring and passing on knowledge about human rights law, how it is developing, how it is being administered and applied, and how to campaign and advocate for positive change.
- Carrying out research into human rights, in particular the rights of children, to add usefully to the store of human knowledge.
Please support the REPLACE Campaign. Our objective is to get all children who are in orphanages placed into loving families and to prevent those who are at risk, from going into orphanages.